CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, July 8, 2011

Meet Caleb Jarom!

Caleb's Story...
My little darling was born on June 6, 2011. We are absolutely ...IN LOVE... I knew I would be, but you forget to the the extent of in loveness. There is nothing better than holding your newborn in the nook of your neck, smelling his newness, and feeling his warmth. This is by far my favorite position to spend my days with the little one. LOVE LOVE LOVE it.


So the week before, doc tells me I'm almost dialated to a 5 and 80% effaced. WOW! Not ready to have the babe yet. Still wanted to sew a quilt, curtains, bedskirt, clean the house, finish the yard and have a yard sale. So I took it easy (and accomplished all of the above). But he did say that if I was having any contractions at ALL! I was to come in. He didn't want me having the baby in the car- and if I came in he wouldn't send me home. That week I was sooo swollen and miserable. Well - I was miserable through the whole pregnancy, but you know how it is at 9 months. UGGHH.
So Sunday, June 5 - I had to leave church early because I was totally swollen, and thought I was going to die of heat stroke. So I went home and about 5:00 starting contracting. After about 20 minutes of every 5 minutes. We called my good friend Kandice and she took the other kiddos - while we traipsed to the hospital.
NO LONGER CONTRACTING - once they hooked me up. UGGGHHH! She says wait an hour...no change (in the cervix). They can't induce me unless I'm 39 weeks. I was 38 weeks and some change ...and they can't keep me unless my cervix is changing. Great. What happened to what the doc said?
Doc says keep me another hour...fine.
No change.
By this time I'm hungry, it's 9pm, Adam is hungry...he'd been fasting and hadn't eaten for 30 hours now - my kids are at a friends house - its late and I realized that I am definitely NOT in labor and if they can't start me then SEND ME HOME!!
Doc says to wait another hour.
As I was complaining and telling the nurse to REMIND the doc what he had said to me a week earlier - I sent Adam home to pick up the kids, put them to bed, and I would call him when they were ready to send me home.
He left...I got an idea.
When the nurse left, I unhooked myself from the monitors, went into the bathroom and locked the door. I then proceeded in my hospital gown to do: JUMPING JACKS, SQUATS, FROG JUMPS, JOGGING, CHEERLEADER KICKS, KICKBOX MOVES, STAIRS (UP ON THE TUB) ETC. I was sweating and after about 20 minutes thought "if this doesn't do it..nothin will."
Hooked myself back up.
Was almost a 6 when she checked next. - How about that! Called Adam back in (Kandice went to my house and waited for bro in law to take over the other kiddos), and doc shows up (which I was sooo surprised to see. With my others, I didn't see the doc until the pushing stage. What a good doctor.
He broke my water...
Got the epidural (which made me nauseous and very out of it mind you)...


and had this little guy 2.5 hours later. Caleb Jarom was born at 12:54 am Monday morning.
This is one of my favorite moments in life. It doesn't happen very frequently and is so sacred

Dr. Sumpsion.



My favorite all time newborn position. Still enjoying it today. I will cry and cry when he's to big for this - and it will be soon.

Discovering the newness of her new baby brother.
Our little mommy. Ambra is soo good with Caleb. I am lucky to have 3 very helpful children.
Still all puffy from delivery. My mom gave him this cute little sleeper.
Cole is thrilled to be a big brother to a boy, and sharing his room with him. "We are best buddies, because we spend the most time together." Meaning he sleeps in his room all night.
Candlelight dinner the hospital prepares ... well minus the candles. Why do they call it that?
My mom made this blanket. Love the embroidered Caleb.
...and she made this darling car seat cover. LOVE IT. It matches my cutest ever baby bag that I don't have a picture of right now.
...and she made the blanket to match. Am I spoiled or what. Not only do I have this cover and bag, but she made me another one and bought another baby bag so I could switch it out. I know, I know, spoiled rotten :)

... and going home. I always am sad to leave the hospital. Having your every whim and desire cared for with the push of a button is sooo nice... aw well, back to reality...oh wait - Adam is home for 4 WEEKS!!! Not quite yet. I know, I know, I spoiled rotten and loving it:)

Thank you friends and family for spoiling us rotten with visits and dinners and gifts. You are all so wonderful. We feel so blessed and loved and happy. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

1 comments:

Kandice said...

So sweet! You look sogood in those pics....espe ially for having a baby in the middle of the night!