CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 31, 2008

My Baby Girl...is going to school!!!

As I write this I am tearing up. My little baby is leaving me forever! No longer in my home day in and day out! She is going to kindergarten. I am so excited for her and I can't wait to volunteer in her classroom and help her with homework, and meet her new little friends and go on field trips, etc... and I am excited for Cole. He is going to be the man of the house. It will be good for him to have time each day without big sister to tell him what to do and where to go. He will get to take on that role (for 2 1/2 hours). This is a good thing (I have to keep telling myself that.) I really am excited, but oh I am so sad. What a big change.
This was her first day of school, but it wasn't her first day without mom. This day was where we went for an hour with moms. Then we went for testing one more day this week. Tuesday is actually her first day of real school (without mom). Sniff sniff. Ok, fine! I'll be a big girl.

4 comments:

Britany said...

Oh I can't imagine that day - so sad! Good luck and know that you are not alone in your tears - one of my friends dropped her daughter off this year and then came over for a cry! :)

Clarke and Kamie said...

aw! sad! But good at the same time. She is ready. And she will have a blast. I bawled last year even dropping Mariko off to a 2 day a week preschool, so I am a total baby.
She is so cute! Love the pose. Reminds me of someone...

mindie said...

She look's so adorable in those pictures. I think it is crazy that you have a baby in school.

Hadley Family Clan! said...

Ambra is darling and I love her adorable outfit and cute bows for her first day of school. She will have so much fun and it is amazing how much they learn in school. Ry loves her kindergarten class and I was sad too when I took her to school for her first day. What's neat is that now we can be volunteer mom's in class. While Mariyah is in school Brooklyn and I get out and shop and run errands and then pick Mariyah up. It's actually been nice:) Enjoy:)