CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!!

Love those kiddos! They were so sweet on Mother's Day - having me hunt for all their sweet homeade cards and gifts. They made me breakfast, and made sure I got to lay with my favorite blanket and pillow while they did all the work.





I had the privaledge of having my mother for the day, and made her some chocolate strawberries. It was fun to have her at church with us and stay for dinner. My brother and Becca came along with Adam's brother Ethan and all the men jumped in to make a yummy dinner while us ladies laid on the couch and gabbed. We were lucky to have my friend Mary and her two boys with us that day for dinner as well.


My homeade Mother's Day surprises. Love them. Cole told me that I would never have to throw his away because it was so "useful". His is the little pink candle holder in front.



Ahhhh... being a mother. Their is nothing better. I LOVE it - and feel sooooo blessed that I get to be home with my little darlings. Yes, there is frustration and clutter and noise and lots and lots of breaking up fights, but I am reminded of how that will someday be gone and I can't keep myself together. I try hard not to mind the popsicle spills on the kitchen floor, and the backpacks, shoes and cleats left in the entry. I try hard not to mind the toy room torn apart and game pieces all mixed up in the wrong places, I try hard not to mind crumbs in my new car and clothes and shoes left out in the rain - those things are fleeting and when they no longer happen and things are perfect my babies will be gone. (See I can't even write this without crying - sob sob). I love them - and I can say that I have truly loved every stage of their little lives. They will forever be little in my mind, and if I could keep them little forever I would. They teach me soooo much (number one on the list is patience), and I know that Heavenly Father sent them to me to teach me and perfect me. I strive daily to be a good mother and pray every night to be better.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day - I sure enjoyed mine.

1 comments:

Davis Family said...

That was beautiful. I wish someone had reminded me of all those things when my children were young.
You have a great perspective on motherhood! I admire that.