CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Girls Trip

Some friends and I decided we needed a girls getaway - and went up to my mom's in Rexburg Idaho to be spoiled rotten. We had a blast and we were definitely not disapointed in the spoiled rotten department.

My mom is a wonderful host and made everything over the tipsy top! She is big on "tablescapes". Never heard of it before - but basically it is a table setting taken to a new level. Here is the first "tablescape" we were treated to.



At the top of our plates, you will notice our initials glittered on an envelope - we each got a seed packet to take home. Dinner was scrumptious. Mozzerella and asparagus stuffed chicken, twice baked potatoes, rolls, and salad.
Movie Night :) I am so not a fan of Pride and Prejudice type movies - but that is what we ended up with - at least all these cute ladies were into it.


The next morning we woke up to this. Bagels, cream cheese, and fruit. Yummy.


Isn't that cute!! ...and edible.


After breakfast, we made a trip to the temple. Love that sun in our eyes. Don't you love how heavy with child I am - compared to all these skinny ladies :)


Came home to a fun luncheon and over the tipsy top "tablescape".


Our party favor was take home honey jar.



It was so fun to be with good friends that are inspiring and fun - not to mention beautiful. Love these girls. We definitely need to make this a tradition!

Kandice :)


Chalyce :)


Julia :)


Dorothy - my mom's long time friend - it was fun to get to see her again.



...and my mom. She matched her outfits to the "tablescapes" everyday. Amazing!


We had Bumblebee Pasta, fruit, hot sandwiches with avocado, mozzerella and tomato, "flyswater", and extra yummy cupcakes from "Cocoa Bean".




After lunch - we hit the town for some serious shopping. We shopped till we dropped. If only the stores would have been open till midnight. We had a blast.


The next morning, we were in charge of breakfast - egg, bacon and cheese crossaints and fruit parfaits.




My mom hit the top when we found these fun aprons she made for us. We each recieved a double sided apron to cook our breakfast in.


Then hit the salon for peddys.


After peddys, we did lunch and had to head home. We of course found parting gifts for us all when we went back to pack. We loved every minute of our time together. Such a fun time. Thanks mom for making it extra special !!

7 comments:

Clarke and Kamie said...

your mom went all out! just wondering where you shopped in REXBURG?

Davis Family said...

I smiled through that whole post! Everything looked incrediable! Your mommy really loves you! Love to see my sweet friends have that experience. (Oh, and I hope your talented mom doesn't mind some "idea snitching!")

mindie said...

Your mom is sooo generous! She spoiled my sister, mom and I when we went a few years ago.
The themes were soooo cute!

Lexy said...

Looks like you guys had a TOTAL BLAST!!! So wish I could have gone!
So that is where you get your super creative cutesy ideas and deco style from. Your mom seriously goes all out. i hope to one day be just a tiny bit as creative as you and your mom!
if this doesn't make sense blame the prego brain.

Michelene said...

I can't believe I didn't get to go. It looks like you had a blast. Next year:)

Mommy of 2 said...

I knew I would miss out on a lot, but this is over the top. I am literally sick that I could not make it. Well I'll stop boobin' and try to make it next time.
Love u!

Hadley Family Clan! said...

How fun to spend time with your friends and have a sleepover:). I LOVE all the fun tables and decorations...sooo adorable!