CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Easter Time!

The kids left the Easter Bunny lots of carrots, and carrot cake this year. Looks like he enjoyed his little snack.



We found over 200 eggs this year. Full of candy and money. I was so glad that we got to actually hunt OUTSIDE this year. That hasn't happened for quite a few years. We had eggs everywhere! Out front, back and in every room in the house.


Ariah has asked me every single day if it is Easter time so that she can wear her dress. This morning she didn't even ask. She came to my bedside in this gettup and was ready to hunt for eggs. We do our egg hunt and basket hunt on Saturday. This is our "Bunny Day". That allows us to focus on the true meaning of Easter on Sunday. It has been so nice since we started that tradition. You know I'm always up for extending the holidays and the children can sort it in their minds very easily.


Halloween PJ's on Easter. Wow!
Cole found his basket in the shower.
Ariah's was in the closet.
...and Ambra's was in the fridge. Good thing we found them.
Sorting through the pounds and pounds of loot.




After our Easter egg and basket hunt. We ate a fun breakfast and got ready to head to the park. We played park games like baseball, and darts. Rode our bikes too. So glad we were able to play outside today.


Ambra graciously made Easter place cards for all of us. That was a fun surprise.


Easter Sunday, all ready for church.






Wow. There I am. Haven't taken too many prego pictures this time around. But I consented on this one. I look pretty silly in this apron and belly.


Preparing our non traditional Easter feast of BBQ grilled fajitas. Gotta go with the cravings if ya know what I'm sayin.


The girls told Uncle Josh that he had "girl hair". It is getting pretty long. They took their liberties and gave him several pony tails. Good sport.

We always finish the night with our Atonement Easter Hunt. This is a wonderful activity for children and takes us through the Easter story. I love that story. Easter time is such a special and meaningful time for all, and I love to ponder the atonement and reserection. Pondering the story and meaning of Easter time brings such peace to my soul and I am so grateful for that gift. We are lucky to be able to understand it and use it in our lives on a daily basis. I am lucky to be able to teach my children this and to hear them bear testimony of it in our family nights. I count my blessings daily and especially remember them at this time of year.

Happy Easter all.

1 comments:

Michelene said...

Easter is such a fun time. We also do the hunts and baskets on Saturday so Sunday can be about the real Easter. Your family is so cute. Hurry and post some pics about the girls weekend. I can't believe I had to miss it. I'm excited for you to have another baby. Your kids are such a good age to help and appreciate a baby.