So I woke up extra early this morning to expeirence Yoga on the Beach, but I got down there only to find it was cancelled. Bummer. Those of you that know me, know I don't wake up early for just anything. So I decided to get a massage instead. It was fabulous. $30 for an hour. Not too bad.
After the massage I joined water aerobics at the resort and then we spent the next few hours trying to set up the rest of our week. I of course was trying the get the best price I could for all the tours we wanted to do. I got pretty good deals. We were able to buy some of the tours from a beach vendor that we had met in church. He said we were feeding his family for a week. Glad we were able to help.
The flea market was a blast. I thought I was good at bargaining, but these people need to come to the U.S. and do training sessions on selling. They are CRAZY! I definitely ended up with more than I had planned, but I got a good deal right? :)



Going...

Ahhhh... Beautiful.

When we arrived at Las Caletas, it was almost dark and the only light the island had was by torch and candlelight.

We were escorted to an outdoor amphitheater where we experienced the most amazing show. We got to see characters like this dance and perform for us. Acrobatics and fire dancing were among some of the highlights.


Afterwards they took us to dinner. Each couple sat at there own candlit table. It was very romantic. We ate in palpayas which are huts made from palm leaves. They were set on the waterfront and we watched and heard the waves roll in as we ate. A mariachi (sp?) band played for us.

The food was amazing. Some of the best we had our entire visit. Definitely gourmet. That was definitley an experience I would do over again.


After dinner we were free to explore the island, my fav was relaxing under this palm tree on the beach, in a hammock. Sigh... I keep playing the "1 week ago we were...." game. 1 week ago I was laying in a hammock next to the ocean under a palm tree with my hubs. What happened? Oh ya, I came home.

And this is where my camera broke. Some drunk lady was taking a picture of me and dropped my camera lens down inside a canoe. UGHHH, we still have a week of vacay left to go!!! I had to buy those dumb disposable cameras. They are developing at Walmart as we speak, and they better turn out! Stay tuned.



1 comments:
SOOOOO much fun! And you got great pics of you and adam together! I wish we would have gotten more of us!
Post a Comment