CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, October 8, 2010

ATV Tour

So we hired this company to take us on an ATV tour through the Sierre Maudre Mountains. It was about a 4 hour tour and we were excited. I expected another jungle ride - with me driving. Boy was I wrong. We spent about half hour in the mountains, and the rest was on dirt roads through little villages, ON THE HIGHWAY!! with crazy drivers, and huge busses, and cobblestone streets. Don't get me wrong, it was a blast, but definitely NOT what I expected.




Our short stay in the mountains ,we were able to snap this shot.





We saw so much culture on our ride. People were living in the mountains, out of busses and tents. Chickens were running around everywhere, and apparently NO ONE owns a washer and dryer - laundry was hung from every home. They would push there little popsicle and fruit carts into town for the day, this was a long, dirty walk. I hear this all the time, but I saw first hand how richly blessed we are in the US. Truly we are a rich people. I am so grateful for so many more things - after seeing how these people live.














We visited a Tequilla Factory, and they showed us how it was made. They use these plants. They grow everywhere. Tequilla and margaritas are the drink of choice. A big part of the tequilla tour was taste testing - we skipped that part. People couldn't believe we didn't drink at all. They kept telling us a little bit was ok, surely we drank just a little bit. They were quite surprised to find out NOT AT ALL.















0 comments: