Today, 9 years ago, my sweetheart proposed to me. Tonight he totally surprised me and reinacted that night for me. He caught me totally off guard. I was making cookies with the kids and preparing for a night home, when he asked me if I remembered what day it was. When I finally caught on to what he was talking about, he had me tell the story to the children. They giggled as he got down on one knee and asked me to marry him and gave me a long kiss (they're used to that kind of thing). Then he told me I had one hour to be ready. His brother was on his way up to watch the kids, and we were heading down to American Fork, so that I could be proposed to again in front of the Mt. Timpanogas Temple. I seriously thought he was kidding. He wasn't. It was so fun. We did it exactly the same. He started the evening at an Italian restaraunt in Salt Lake. This is a picture of us in front of the same fireplace we got a picture in front of 9 years ago.
Then he drove me to the temple and gave me a Happy Proposal Anniversary card.
He got down on one knee and asked me to marry him with my original ring box. Actually 9 years ago he said, "Ok, lets do this...Will you marry me?"
Yes and three kids later.
What a romantic guy. I love Adam so much. He is such a wonderful man. I couldn't have dreamed of a better husband. He is so kind and caring and romantic and so concerned about my welfare. I know he loves me because he tells me and shows me everyday. I know he would do anything I asked of him. I always feel beautiful because he is always telling me that I am. I truly feel that I am the luckiest woman. I knew our love was strong then, but 9 years, 3 children, and many trials later, I know it is stronger now. In the words of the card he gave me tonight..."you started out wonderful, and only got better from there."
8 comments:
Wow! Thanks for sharing that! You are some of my favorite people. Thanks for giving us a peek into your sweet romantic life!
So romantic and you still look the same as you did 9 years ago when we were living it up in Branbury! And i've got to tell you that I'm impressed. I couldn't even tell you which day in February we got engaged on!
That is soo adorable!! What a sweet guy!
aw, so sweet! and classic tiff--pretty sappy too:) Yeah, I don't remember the day we got engaged either. Dang.
your post on my blog had me cracking up--I miss you! Can't wait to see you soon.
How fun! That is nice to be surprised.
That is sooooo romantic! Congratulations, you guys are the best! I love the pictures of you how fun!
What a nice surprise by Adam. Sounds like a fun night.
Okay, this post was so sweet that it brought tears to my eyes! I'm so glad that you found such a special guy. You totally deserve all the happiness in your life. You have a beautiful family! We got married in the Mt. Timpanogas temple, and today is my 11th wedding anniversary! I know... I was SO YOUNG when I got married, but I also found a "perfect" guy and couldn't let him go. ;-) Here we are, 3 kids later, and more in love than we were 11 years ago. We're so lucky!
Post a Comment