Happy Fourth! It always brings tears to my eyes when we sing the Star Spangled Banner. There is such a spirit with that song, and my heart soars to sing it. I loved the fourth on Sunday. A full weekend of partying and I am always for the party.
Here we are in our 4th Church duds.
Cole refused to wear a tie that day, and we were to much in a hurry to force the issue. Hate that.



Yummy. Sugar cookie fruit flag. A tradition in our home.

Here we are waiting for our Layton parade to start.

We sat with some friends at the parade.

Adam's chair fell apart during the parade. He did a stellar job holding it together with his hands so he could still sit.

Some of my fav floats.



We did the Ogden River on Saturday and again on Monday. It was a blast. The first day I got thrown in during one of the little water falls. Second day I wised up and made Adam go last. ( we tie ourselves together so we don't lose the kiddies, when you slide down the falls it whips the last person pretty quick and creates a suction. I couldn't handle it and went in. Cole about freaked out to see me in the river. Poor kid).


The second day we pioneered it and went for the further route. There were a few obstacles we weren't expecting and it got a little hairy a few times. We had an audience of about twenty in a family that were picnicing as we went over large rocks, the current sucking us under brush, Ariah was crying and we were all screaming trying not to get poked by all the brush and pop holes in our gear over the rocks. When we finally got it together, the poor little mexican fisherman was just staring at us with his mouth wide open.

2 comments:
woah ariah has a flag shirt and everything! festive! I lead the sacrament music in michigan (scary in front of the congregation) but we were there over sept 11 and that sunday I lead star spangled banner and I was so emotional! I'll never forget it. the tubing looks awesome!
Your family has too much fun! Sounds scarey but FUN!!! Cute pictures!
Post a Comment