CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 2, 2010

My Idea of Insanity...

So my idea of insanity is spending $40 plus on a stuffed animal. No way, no how! I can definitely think of 2 million other more efficient and productive ways of spending $40.

But alas, my beautiful Ambra is dying to have a Build A Bear experience. Of course I would never foot this ridiculous bill alone so I told her if she saved $20 I would buy the rest (how much can one of these be anyway? I was thinking around $30.)

Saving $20 came alot sooner than I expected (thanks grandma) - and off to the mall we went (she actually saved $25).

She had a blast choosing her bear and all the things that went with it.




She ended up choosing a pink bunny.


Named her Violet...


chose an overpriced fairy costume...



and of course sprung for the sunglasses and shoes.

















What a cutie. I'm glad she was able to make a goal and save for something. She is now saving for all the garage saleing we do this summer.
P.S. - (The total definitely came closer to $40 than $30).

















4 comments:

Emily said...

Looks like fun! Make sure you got on their email list, I've gotten a few good coupons from there before. Blake got a dog for only like $5! But I didn't spring for any cute outfits, I just dug out a baseball shirt from his baby clothes tote and put it on him. I guess that's the difference between boys & girls, huh? They don't care about the accessories. :)
P.S. I'm excited for garage sale season to start too! (And we need to clean out our basement and have one this year.)

mindie said...

I love build a bear and have bought all my nieces and nephews one. I have been waiting to buy Evie one. Dave gave my a gift certificate to build a bear in my stocking a couple of years ago to spend on Evie. I can't wait to go. I can't believe she saved all that money - how fun!!!

Michelene said...

I think it's good to make kids work for things. She will appreciate the Bear even more now that she paid for part of it.

Hadley Family Clan! said...

Your post cracks me up! When my girls want to go to build a Bear I want to cringe bc it's so expensive for a stuffed animal since we have so many and I keep getting rid of them lol. Looks like Ambra had lots of fun and it is so fun for the kids to "make" and "dress up" their own bear. Did you like the house it came in too:). Great idea for her to save up her money.