CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Summer can't be over yet!!!

I know, I know, the kids are back in school, and its over, but I am not happy about it. I love summer time. I love fall too, but then its winter - uuugh. Here are a few summer time photos I never got around to posting.

Camping at Bear Lake. Is the water ever NOT choppy because of the wind. It was a blast, but windy. And why is it that it is only windy on the beach. Not at our campsite - only on the beach.




Miss Ariah was content to play WITH EVERYONE ELSE'S TOYS. We must not have had cool enough stuff.









Dirt and Uno. Need I say more.




OK I admit it. We are terrible at starting fires. It takes forever, then dinner takes forever and the whole food thing is hard when your camping. I always tease Adam about how long it takes him to start a fire. He was an Eagle Scout for heaven sake. Shouldn't these things be second nature? We always get a good one in the end. I love you honey :)
We did Minnetonka Caves while we were there. It was rough taking turns carrying a toddler that kept saying hold me hold me up 888 stairs. Good workout, and neat caves. The kids thought is was way cool. Last time I was there, I was with the YW and we went through the cave with Carmen Rasmussen from American Idol. That is my only claim to fame.






We sold our tent trailer and bought this spring bar tent. It does the job and takes less space to store. I miss the trailer, but for only going camping twice a year, I finally decided it wasn't worth keeping it around. We enjoyed ourselves...... until midnight the second night and Cole was coughing so badly that he couldn't breathe. It was awful. We had to pack up in the pitch black and make the 2.5 hour trek back home so we could have meds, and humidfiers, and warm beds. We got home at 3am. Note to self - Cole is a scrawny little kid, if he has any signs of illness - DONT GO CAMPING!




THe kids did a carwash this summer for some extra money. They were so cute. One of thier little signs that they held on the road said, " Stop for a wash, kids will make your car so shiny." NO ONE STOPPED. THey were heart broken. They were only charging .50 too. So I got on the phone and called good friends over to have thier cars washed. THey felt rich by the end of day. $6.00 each. I have generous neighbors and friends. They thought this was the best ever.


















5 comments:

Britany said...

Looks like a fun summer! We hiked the cave too and I agree - hard with a toddler!!! :)

Hope you are doing well!

Clarke and Kamie said...

Man, I am STOKED to see summer go. I love fall, and the end of fall means I get to not be pregnant anymore:)
Camping looks fun (I guess--I am sooo not a camper. maybe I need to go with you guys and get in the camping spirit!)

Carrie said...

So fun! I love the carwash idea, that is so fun!

elonna said...

I am not looking forward to the winter at all. I am with you on that one!

Kandice said...

oh I wish we would have went camping this year!! Looks like fun!