CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Thank goodness for CO2 alarms!

Our CO2 alarms started going off one Thursday and I chalked it up to the carpet cleaning guy had been cleaning...but they kept going off. I finally took the batteries out of one because it was really annoying and then thought I better call the fire department to check our levels - just in case. They came in full gear and their big truck. That was quite exciting.



They checked all our levels and we were all testing positive for high CO2 levels. HELLO! What in the world. They considered calling an ambulence since I'm expecting and I assured them I was fine. The lady that works for me was having a headache and her levels were high as well. My home was testing high - expecially in the children's rooms. GREAT! I'm poisoning my family! We had to evacuate the house. Jennifer went home for the day and the fireman were there for a few hours trying to get to the bottom of it all.

The home finally cleared for us to back in and our levels had dropped enough for no one to be worried anymore. We had to keep the house open for the rest of the day and called them back over that night to check levels before we went to bed. The next morning, they came again and all was fine.
What drama! We are all chalking it up to the carpet cleaners, since the Questar guy that came out cleared all our appliances. WOW! Pretty exciting day.




0 comments: